Chicken kebab plate
Swedish street food classic with accessories
Homemade chicken kebab that is really tasty. This particular one I cook in the oven, but it gets even better on the grill.
Generally, I prefer kebabs in a roll, but sometimes a kebab plate is not a bad idea - especially if you want to be really full. It will be even better and more like the kebab plate of the street kitchen if you use french fries here, but cooking wedge potatoes in the oven is one of my favorites and in this particular case it fits quite well with timing and use of the oven as well.
I tag this as both Turkish AND Swedish as kebabs originate in the eastern Mediterranean, but I interpret this application as Swedish.
You can let the chicken marinate in the spices for a while, but I usually can't wait and just start cooking right away.
I use a kebab sauce that is very easy to throw together yourself, but of course it is just as well to buy a ready-made one. However, the combination with sauce that contains garlic and another sauce that is spicy is important to get the right taste. :)
|Energy||2887.19 kcal||721.8 kcal||109 kcal|
|Carbohydrates||240.78 g||60.19 g||9.09 g|
|Fat||127.94 g||31.98 g||4.83 g|
|Protein||202.1 g||50.53 g||7.63 g|
|Sugar||40.53 g||10.13 g||1.53 g|
|Salt||22.51 g||5.63 g||0.85 g|
* The nutritional information provided is approximate and is calculated using the ingredients available in the database. Info will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
- Mix all the spices.
- Check the chicken thighs for any small pieces of bone, tendons or anything else that shouldn't be there.
- Turn the chicken around with the spice mixture so the chicken is completely covered.
- Fold the chicken and thread onto two skewers.
- Grill until the internal temperature is 70°C. It is best on a real grill (indirect/direct). In the oven I cook this at 200°C until the internal temperature is 70°C. This takes almost an hour which allows me to cook the potatoes at the same time in the same oven.
- Cut the potatoes into wedges.
- Put the oil and potatoes in an ovenproof dish. Salt and then cook the potatoes in a 200°C oven for about an hour.
- Just before serving - rinse and slice the vegetables.
- Place everything on a plate, top with sriracha and plenty of kebab sauce.