Creamy Potato Salad
A lovely potato salad for the barbecue evening
A very simple and good potato salad that can be adapted to taste and liking. In general, I think this potato salad is excellent as it is and fits perfectly as a side dish for a barbecue or on a summer buffet.
I cook the potatoes until they are almost done - so slightly undercooked. The potato pieces should be able to hold their shape, otherwise it will just be mashed potatoes..
The amount of capers can of course be modified, but I think 50g is fine. 50g of capers corresponds to a can containing approx. 100g of capers and liquid.
|Energy||1722.6 kcal||287.1 kcal||110 kcal|
|Carbohydrates||209.53 g||34.92 g||13.38 g|
|Fat||93.65 g||15.61 g||5.98 g|
|Protein||25.68 g||4.28 g||1.64 g|
|Sugar||18.79 g||3.13 g||1.20 g|
|Salt||4.85 g||0.81 g||0.31 g|
* The nutritional information provided is approximate and is calculated using the ingredients available in the database. Info will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
- Clean (or peel) the potatoes. Cut into large pieces.
- Boil the potatoes and allow them to cool.
- Peel and finely chop the red onion. Chop the thyme (save some for decoration if necessary).
- Drain the capers.
- Mix all the ingredients (except the potatoes) in a bowl.
- If necessary, divide the potatoes into smaller pieces, then carefully mix the potato pieces with the rest of the ingredients into the bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve as a side dish to grilled food or on a buffet.