Easy Salmon Gratin
Very easy and yummy salmon gratin
This is one of the easiest salmon dishes available but the result is really good. A whole salmon side that is lightly seasoned with salt and lemon and then covered with cheese and cream is all you need to do to and then just let the oven take care of the rest.
This is a base recipe that I have made lots of times. It can be modified in lots of ways, but usually I just replace some of the regular cheese with parmesan/grana padano. You can also mix a handful of fresh dill or parsley in the cream so the cheese sauce absorbs the taste when it cooks in the oven.
The finished gratin can be left for a few minutes before serving. It stays very well in the fridge for a day and can also be prepared up to the point where you just have to put it in the oven.
|Energy||4742.64 kcal||948.53 kcal||252 kcal|
|Carbohydrates||22.96 g||4.59 g||1.22 g|
|Fat||412.16 g||82.43 g||21.90 g|
|Protein||247.29 g||49.46 g||13.14 g|
|Sugar||17.5 g||3.5 g||0.93 g|
|Salt||16.56 g||3.31 g||0.88 g|
* The nutritional information provided is approximate and is calculated using the ingredients available in the database. Info will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- Make sure the salmon file has no bones left and remove the skin if necessary.
- Place the salmon fillet in an ovenproof dish and salt all around.
- Squeeze the lemon over and feel free to use a little lemon zest if you want a stronger lemon taste.
- Sprinkle over the cheese and then pour the cream over everything. Up to this point you can prepare and store wrapped in plastic in the fridge for about a day.
- Cook in 175°C oven, 45 minutes.
- Serve with boiled potatoes and green beans or peas. A slice of lemon and a little dill are also suitable.